Optimed Technologies Statement on Respecting Human Rights and Addressing Modern Slavery
Optimed recognises the applicability of the United Nations Guiding Principles to protect, respect and remedy business and human rights as well as the eight fundamental Conventions of the International Labour Organisation. This commitment to uphold fundamental human rights is reflected in our Modern Slavery Policy (available upon request).
As outlined in this policy, our activities will respect:
- the International Labour Organization (ILO) Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work;
- the ILO Indigenous and Tribal Peoples Convention 169 and the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples; and
- the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
The policy applies to our all or Directors, staff, and contractors engaged by the business. The policy reflects our commitment to respect human rights and address modern slavery by affirming that as an organisation Optimed:
- respects all workers have a right to fair pay and reasonable work conditions;
- respects the right for individuals to be free to meet with others of their choice;
- respects the right of freedom of movement; and
- rejects any form of slavery in our supply chain.
Our Supplier Code sets out our expectation that suppliers comply with all applicable laws and demonstrate their respect for, and protection of, the fundamental human and labour rights of workers.